Go Beaker Go!
Allan and I felt very blessed to be able to attend for the fourth year in a row. This time, we were given the royal treatment and were able to take part in a lot of fun stuff. Here's a short list of some of the highlights of our trip:
- Book signing for Ten-Gallon Sam
- Trying to keep up with a line over 100 people long for our 2-hour Hunter Brown book signing (sorry if we had to turn you away at the end)
- Seeing a giant 20 foot banner promoting our novel
- Seeing our book promoted on the back of each show bulletin
- Several interviews by radio stations and TV
- Seeing one of the characters we created in our latest novel as a real-life costumed character along side Bob & Larry, 3-2-1 Penguins, the Bernstein Bears
- Chris nearly tackling Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungee
- Meeting some really cool movie execs who are interested in our book
- Signing books FOR renowned fantasy fiction author Bryan Davis (Dragons in our Midst)
- Dinner with Chris Waters of Angel Wars fame
- Personally giving away 200 Hunter Brown backpacks to booksellers
- Meeting Ben Stein (producer and star of the recent "Expelled" movie)
- Meeting "President Bush"
Here's a short photo snippet of our journey for you to enjoy!
He said he liked the book because it was easy to read.
Signing a book for Bryan Davis, author the extraordinarily
successful Dragon's in Our Midst series
But after all the meetings had been made and the conference wound to a close, I must say my favorite part of all was receiving a special letter from one of the parents of the children who had acquired a copy of our Hunter Brown book at the show. She left the hand written letter at the Warner Press booth and it read as follows:
It's a message like this that makes all the long hours of writing completely worth it. Thanks for the message, Melissa. You really encouraged us as well.
Dear Miller Brothers,
My Son Marek is thrilled with your book. The first thing out of his mouth this morning: "I couldn't put that book down last night. I love it! I stayed up past my bedtime."
He went on to tell me all he's read so far. I've never seen him so animated over a novel.
Thank you for your awesome novel. I'm sure its going to change Marek's view about reading. A mother's dream!
P.S. Can't wait to read it myself!